This sweet little newel post is glitzed to the hilt. Yet, no one sees her. Unless you stop by. But you don't. So I will share her today as one of my favorite things at Christmas time.
I love my garland almost as much as I do my trees. This has been a "years in the making" project because I've had to wait for the 50% off sales (and hope what I want is still there) on the good branches. To add dimension and texture I've mixed several varieties of pine branches to an inexpensive garland to create a "realistic" look. No kidding. You have to touch it to know that it's all fake. Then I add groupings of ornaments and ribbon to doll her up (and it doesn't hurt to be hanging on the new Bannister as opposed the that Oak beauty that came with the house)
*tips: Collect a little each year cuz it takes a lot of branches.
Wait for the 50% sales and buy to good stuff.
Buy longer branches. You can always cut them.
Wear gloves!! It's murder on your hands.

1 comment:
Oh how I LOVE a garland on the stairs. She really does look real. I'm just feeling sorry for myself because I don't have stairs to dress up...tear...but It's still fun to see all the amazing things I could do if only I had some. And the best thing about this set up besides the fact that its beautiful, is that you won't be sweeping up needles from real branches. Or taking down a petrified, brittle garland that I used to wrestle with from Costco...back when I had stairs. But hey my only consolation is when we're sixty something you will still have the coveted stairs and garland...but...my knees will be better off. Or at least that's what I've been telling myself:)
Post a Comment