
We have been in our home nearly 11 years and for the last 10 Dave has had to hear me say "I want wood stairs". He has explained numerous times how costly and time consuming it would be, not to mention a huge mess. So little by little over the years he has collected the supplies necessary to complete the job. And two weeks ago he bit the bullet and started the project. All along I have thought,
'How hard can it be? Tear out the carpet and put the wood treads down.' Well, it turns out Dave was entirely right. It is a HUGE mess and a very time consuming project (and slightly more $ than I thought). He has put in over 60 hours on this little project (which has led to
'other' projects like repainting the hall and walls:) but the stairs are DONE!!! And I might add, beautiful. He did such a great job that it has inspired me to do a few more projects. Now we just need to put the hard wood in the livingroom....put bead board in the kitchen....tile the bathroom.... Dave says we'll have to pace ourselves. But, oh the fun to come.
5 comments:
They are absolutely gorgeous and I am jealous of your handy husband. Can't wait to see them in person. Give Dave a pat on the back for me!
Dang, that looks awesome. I need to go find a project for Bryan to do now... :)
yay! they look awesome. well done.
Oh my goodness i love the stairs...
Beautiful!! I seriously love your style Carolee! You really have an amazing eye for it!
Way to go Dave! You amaze me just how talented you are!! :)
Love you both!
Emily
Post a Comment