I borrowed my sister's old camera (Nikon D300 w/ fixed 50 lens) so that I could get a few detail shots of Christmas baking and Christmas decor. Holy cow!! I am having so much fun. Remember those projects I'm behind on? Well, they aren't getting done any faster with this toy in the house. I am still in my pajamas and haven't even bathed today. Shocker.
Oh, I know. My photography is very amateur. But it's a far cry from the stuff I was getting with my little Kodak. So today I baked cookies and shot that. Later the grandkids came over and I shot them eating the cookies. If I knew how to edit, I'm sure you would be more impressed.

Marmee makes good cookies:-)
I've shot nearly every angle and aspect of Christmas in my house before I have to return the camera (which she may have to demand back or Santa may have to bring one to me too).
It is way to much to post at once so I figure I will do a post a day until Christmas. This is far more fun for me that it is you so I apologize in advance. Just know that it brings me joy to have this little toy even for a few weeks. Bare with me. Who knows. You may even like what you see :-}


3 comments:
Those cookies sure look good. Do you think they could make it to my house and still taste as good as they look?
Some of my favorite blogs are about food. I'm no sure if I like them more for the presentation of the food or the yummy food itself. That camera would be a fun toy to tinker with...and hey since it's the Christmas season what better time to play!
Wow, that looks like fun. I can figure out the editing thing, but I pretty much suck at the picture taking thing.
Post a Comment