Saturday, December 18, 2010

Finishing Touches

It's all in the details, right?  As big of a pain as it is to get out all the Christmas and put it up -- the take down is the dreaded event.  So why do it at all you ask?  Because it sets the tone for the holidays.  Every little aspect adds to the splendor.  The memories.  The overall feeling of Christmas time.

Vintage stocking with Santa's clocks and keys: 
 It's how he stops time and gets into the house.

The Kissing Ball:  A must for every entry 
(unless you don't like who comes through your door)

Sweets and treats: colorful and calorie free*

Cedar and vintage ornaments:  simple and stately 

                                                " the stockings were hung....on the armoire"

  I just love the details.......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your photos are looking superb! And your finishing touches are fab.

Jennifer said...

Alright dammit I need a real camera, and that vintage stocking with the watches! And who wouldn't want a kissing ball...I need one of those as well. My candy isn't calorie free just ask my pants they are getting a tad to tight for comfort. Your right it really is in the details...I don't remember specific gifts that I got as a kid, but I do remember how the house looked and what it felt like...it was magic!