Monday, May 31, 2010

May journal of inspirations: day 31

Phew! The month is finally over!  I didn't realize what an undertaking it was going to be to post each and everyday.  You think you have a lot to say until it just turns into babbling, which I have a whole new respect for:)  I have had fun though and I hope there have been a few "inspirations" along the way for you too.

Today is Memorial Day and I would like to say THANK YOU to all the brave men and women who sacrifice to guard my freedom as a citizen of the United States of America.  My grandfather (who is 90 years old) served in WWII as did David's grandfather, who gave his life doing so.  They were both in the Navy and fought to keep this country free and insure the rights we have today.  Each day I hear something political that makes me want to pull my hair out or scream at the top of my lungs at the stupidity of the leaders of this Great Nation.  But, I also am grateful to be here and wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  Pray for our leaders and pray for our servicemen.
We REMEMBER you and HONOR you this day and always.

No comments: