Healthy Inspirations......
I got a new diet - Cook Book yesterday for Mother's Day.
It's The Diet Rebel’s Cookbook:
Eating Clean and Green
and I've only skimmed through it but it has a ton of great info on eating and cooking with more whole foods and less processed ingredients. I’m still addicted to peanut M&M’s, which means I may not be a true health nut, but I LOVE this fresh approach to cooking with whole grains and other natural ingredients. I agree with Clements and Stewart that diet and health/weight are strongly correlated and that good health can be found, and bad health often reversed, with a healthy, natural diet. I haven’t advanced to the level of commitment necessary yet, but I'm eager to learn and give it a go. Moderation in all things. And I believe that knowledge is power. We can learn and glean information and adapt it to our own lives and circumstances.
There is even an extensive one-year food storage list that includes products like brown rice, quinoa, and agave nectar in addition to more typical food and non-food items. There are nice step by step instructions for sprouting and dehydrating. I usually skip right to the recipes in a cookbook, but I found so much fantastic information on nutrition and healthy food preparation that I read that too.
It has a lot of "sprouted wheat" recipes in it if you are gluten intolerant but there is plenty of main stream too. I'm NOT, and never will be, a Vegetarian or a Vegan. So meat eaters rest assured! I do, however, think we should find the cleanest meat, dairy, eggs, out there - I mean hormone and chemical free. Still, each to their own. Read. Get educated. And make your own decisions. This is just another source:) It also goes well with the Eat Clean diet Cook Books too.
You know how I love to make picture collages to make the "statement"

3 comments:
I guess your mum and dad knew what they were doing when they dipped into the hardened honey and cut off the rabbits head.
you got that right. O.R.G.A.N.I.C. and they didn't even know it. We tease them that they were "hippies" when really they were just living providently.
Yum rabbit...you know it really does taste like chicken. I've actually made rabbit stew for my kids, just so they could relate to my childhood. To my surprise they liked it! It must be built into the DNA.
Post a Comment