Today was a fabulous day.... I got to spend the day with my husband for my early birthday festivities.
To start off I got to sleep in. OK, that isn't all that unusual :-) But the sun has been shinning all day and that fills my soul with hope for warmer days to come. There is still snow covering every mountain, but it is sunny.
We went to J Dawgs for lunch. I love this place because you can eat a hotdog and feel like your in NYC. It is simple and yet sophisticated ( I know, right? A hotdog sophisticated? Trust me ). If you're ever in Provo you have to check it out. Guys LOVE this place. Take your man there. He will love you all the more for it!
Then we went to the BYU Museum of Art to see the Carl Bloch exhibit. AMAZING. Take a tissue because the artwork is beautiful, inspiring, and uplifting. They have iPads for rent that give tons of information, music, and commentary that make it even more personal.
A fabulous day, indeed.



4 comments:
I know myself....I'm gonna do it....I know I will forget your birthday. So I'm just gonna say Happy Birthday now!!! Love ya sis!!
I'm so jealous an awesome art exhibit and hot dogs. Who would have known that you could find that much culture in Provo Utah. The Metropolitan Museum in NYC better watch it's back. Sounds like you had a blissful day celebrating. You've got to love a husband who's willing to be your side kick while art gazing, Dave's a keeper!
I love a good hot dog. Where is it at?
Happy Birthday! Sounds like the pre-birthday activities were wonderful! I love your picture collage. I am doing something similiar up my stairs. (I was also concerned about it being too much...but I love the way yours turned out!) Beautiful grand babies! And congrats on 2 more!
Post a Comment