Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it. 2011.  Really?  The old saying, "time flies", seems so cliche, and yet so very true!

I love having this long weekend with just my little family.  It is so quiet.  Peaceful.

Today I made muffins.....again.  These are so fast and easy that somehow I have made three batches over the past week.  Hmmm.

I love this recipe because it makes only a dozen which is perfect for the three of us.  The New Years Diet doesn't start until Monday, right?



Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 1/4 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1 pint fresh blueberries - rinsed, drained and patted dry (frozen can be substituted)
  • 2 tablespoons course sugar

Directions

  1. Position rack in the middle of oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray the top of a muffin pan with non-stick coating, and line with paper liners.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, 1 1/4 cups sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix together 1 3/4 cup of the flour and baking powder. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Crush 1/4 of the blueberries, and stir into the batter. Mix the rest of the whole blueberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of the flour, and fold into the batter. Scoop into muffin cups. Sprinkle tops lightly with sugar.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown, and tops spring back when lightly tapped.
*recipe is from: Allrecipies.com



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those look delicious. I will have to refrain from making them...I've been very bad...and my waist line HATES me. Every one in my family is starting Sunday on the big cleanse/diet. So out of self loathing and peer pressure it looks like Sunday's my day for self modification as well:(

Unknown said...

Mmmmm, today is an Atkins day for me and these look especially delish. I need to stop reading...