Monday, January 24, 2011

Picture wall

I've been collecting frames for a while to do a wall of family pictures.  I wanted them to take up the same space as my large landscape oil from before.  I love the idea of many pictures collectively grouped with the faces that I love, but now that I'm done I think it may be too busy.  What do you think?

I made a P monogram for the center.  I covered the oil painting (which I can use again if I want) with some linen fabric and glued the P to the outside of the frame.


It's in the context of the whole room that I think it looks busy.  Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Also shown here is my new oil of Christ and the Young Child by Carl Heinrich Bloch { Happy early Birthday to ME!! }  I blogged about it here and have wanted it ever since.  Coincidentally, there is a art exhibit here until May of his work.  I am going on a date Friday with my husband to see it :)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think it looks awesome! I love the family pics, and the cohesiveness of the black and whites. It always takes me a little bit of time to get used to a new configuration. Besides I know that you'll tinker with it until it feels right to you. And of course the Carol Bloch is a classic, his use of color in contrast with neutrals really breathes life into his work. He's a favorite of mine. There is nothing funner than putting something new on the walls...lucky!

Unknown said...

I know nothing about design, but I love it. I've wanted to do one on the big wall by my stairs - the one that currently has only three of my four children displayed with photos that are like 3 years old...but haven't really decided how I want it to look yet. Yours is good inspiration!

Tyler and Shannel Tingey said...

well i love it! i have something just like that in my house, and i dont think it's busy. there's my two cents. love the ottoman by the way!

northslopegang said...

I'm not a designer at all. Your room looks like a picture out of a catalog!! It is so beautiful and I love all of the textures, patterns and how it fits together so nicely. I wouldn't change anything.

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! I am going to try a version of this myself! I don't think it looks too busy at all. And may I just say I really love your ottoman!!!