Friday, January 14, 2011

Rules for Happiness.....

I'm still working on dismantling Christmas and am sick to death of it!
"Why is it taking so long", you ask?  Well, because I am separating, organizing, and prioritizing for next year as I go.   Next year (now this year) will be much less.  One of my main goals for 2011 is to SIMPLIFY.  Which will include reigning in my "impulse" buying (I may need medication for this one ;-)  and using what I have.  Instead of many little things, I've made a list of a few big ticket items I want and will save for those.
*And just for the record, SHOES, do not count as "impulse" buys*

I ran across this sweet little memo while blogging yesterday.  It fits in with what I am personally wanting to accomplish this year so I thought I would share.

                                                                                          Art photo credit : Patina White
                                                                        Have a wonderful, HAPPY weekend!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love this post! I too am trying to do the same! {{SIMPLIFY}} Such a great word . Your too fun and I LOVE blog stalking you. (My blog is a a sad excuse. As I have not been in the mood.) Happy Weekend to you!

Debra said...

A simple wonderful way to begin a fresh new year. I have stumbled here, cannot remember where from now...but this is the second time and i have a look/see at your amazing and beautiful quilts. I wanted to ask you if you machine quilt yourself? do you send it off to be done? ouch! i expect that is expensive. I have dreamt of quilting since my first was born and although i dont really have a lot of time, i make the time, its my balance inlife ( i work about 60 hrs away from the home) and i ahve made two small quilts and a few quilted objects, but real simple. I am hoping ot be accepted into the Urban Home Swap group over on flickr, but the group rules are quite strict and i may not be accepted...my blog is not really a happening thing...only ocassionally get there and is really begun to stay in contact with my daughter living in Texas...I will pop back soon if thats ok...happy day x