Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Grandma's Shutters

I have wanted a pair of old painted shutters for my main floor 1/2 bath for years.  I looked at the Home Improvement stores but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.  I wanted the little painted wood shutters with working mechanisms just like Grandma used to have.  I wanted actual vintage ones but even when I found some the size or the condition eliminated the purchase.  Determined I kept looking, looking, looking.

BEFORE

Remember that little antiquing binge the other day?  Well, as luck would have it, I found some that would fit the width exactly. Score!  The height was not quite perfect.  But I fixed that with this cute little valance I whipped up out of a table runner.


AFTER

I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.  I love when something comes together and doesn't bust the budget!

No comments: