Friday, July 16, 2010

Country Living?

Let me first vent:
I can't even describe my contempt for my neighbor.  She's a nice enough gal, but she is a slob and a bit of a hoarder.  She has a completely worthless 30 something son that lives with her that does absolutely nothing!!  Dave mows her front and side yard every week so I don't loose my mind as I pull into my driveway.  He's such a good man!!  [Why do people buy a house if they can't or won't take care of it?]  Venting over;-)

My shallow personal feelings aside, I have to look at this increasing dilapidation everyday.  This year was supposed to be the "year of the fence" to give me a little peace.  But we have spent the $ elsewhere (Plantation Shutters - post to come) so bye-bye fence.  At least for 2010.

Dave pointed out that it wasn't all that bad.  He said, "If you stand by the garden and look over in that direction in the morning or evening it looks like a cute little scene from Country Living".  I think he is just trying to get out of another costly project.  But I did snap a quick photo last night and I'll be danged!  It does kind of look like a dreamy field behind my favorite sitting spot.  Don't be fooled.  It really is a yard of weeds!!  But, with a change of perspective, I can handle it another year.  What do you think?

4 comments:

Vickie said...

i'm thinking the fence should have come before the plantation shutters sister. Can't wait to see how they make your home look!

ThE McNEiLs said...

BEAUTIFUL! I am so jelous! i will post some pics of my yard in progress and you will no more be sad:)

Stephanie said...

LOL you crack me up! :) But I have to agree, from that photo it sure does look like a shot from country and living. Not bad! :)

Unknown said...

Looks to me like all you need to do is sprinkle a bunch of wildflower seeds out there and sit back and enjoy the lemonade she brings you...