I saw this quote on an lds site and I thought it described what a father's goal is, or at least, should be.
"We live in a day when many fathers are working at a fevered pace to build material legacies of homes, boats, and bank accounts for their children. Exemplar fathers, on the other hand, show us the importance of leaving legacies that cannot be cankered by rust...Fatherhood is not a matter of station or wealth; it is a matter of desire, diligence, and determination to see one’s family exalted in the celestial kingdom. If that prize is lost, nothing else really matters" -Ezra Taft Benson
I'm grateful for my own father and the exemplar he is to me and my family. I appreciate my father-in-laws efforts in raising a righteous son (of whom I was lucky enough to get). I'm thankful for my sweet husband and the wonderful father he is to our three children and our three grand children. Life just keeps getting better. I'm amazed at the next generation, my son and my son-in-law, and the desire they have to be hands on dads. I hope this day is great for all of you!
Look at these men. They are awesome!


No comments:
Post a Comment