Monday, October 4, 2010

Mile High Wedding

I'm back from my trip to Denver with Andee.  She had a wedding to shoot there and needed her trusty caddy (that's me) to carry the gear.  We stayed downtown in the Historic District 16th Street Sheraton.  I have traveled so much for work that I have become a bit of a hotel snob.  I have to have down comforters and pillows.  Believe me it's worth the extra dollars.  Of course, I still bring along Linus (my down pillow I can't sleep without!!) for extra comfort.  And when you are going to be working 14 hour days it is extra important to not scrimp on accommodations so you can come back and relax.  Funny thing is, I'm sure those "bedbugs" you hear about on the 20/20 Dateline type shows just love down pillows and comforters.  However, I'm convinced that 4 star hotels are cleaner, and I'm sticking to it!
The 16th Street District is an awesome outdoor mall with unique shops, restaurants, and some chain stores too (yes, I got my TJMaxx fix while I was there).   We were only there two days so we didn't see much past this area of downtown and then Larimer Street, which had the most amazing hat shoppe I've ever seen!  and I bought this little baby for Kenadee.  She looks so cute in hats.
We ate dinner both nights at Earls which was fabulous.....both the grilled Ahi tuna sandwich and the chicken and baked brie sandwiches are spectacular.  And of course, we found a bakery.  Not your typical Paradise or Panera "from a mix" chain bakeries, but made from scratch and with real butter bakery.  Look.  There's a reason I can pile on 5 pounds in a weekend.....and this is the reason!  And yes, we ate there twice too:-)
The Wedding was different from her normal shoots.  This was an 8 a.m. through 11 p.m. marathon on shooting.  We started at the make-up appointment.  Then the "first look".  Then bridal and groomal pictures.  Then the ceremony in a Catholic Cathedral. Then "coctail" hour at the garden of the reception center.  And then the reception, which was at the historic Phipps Tennis Pavilion.  The grounds were beautiful and the adjacent Mansion (Pemberly as I was calling it) was a dream to tour.   Not a bad gig.  A LONG gig, but not a bad one.
It was a fast and furious weekend and I'm glad to be back......
Now off to another wedding shoot today and the reception tomorrow. Being a PA (photographer's assistant) is hard work *wink,wink*
Here is the beautiful bride Kelley that Andee shot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the hat, the mansion is sweet, the food looks fab - yea, I'm pretty much going to live vicariously through you from now on. In the mean time, I'll be sitting at home breast feeding... :)

Jennifer said...

Dammit you girls have all the fun. I am green with envy! I hate being stuck on the right appendage of America. Ok so I should be more grateful, it was only 66 degrees this morning and actually felt like Fall. But you know how I'm a visual person, is it to much to ask for it to look like Fall as well? I'll bet Colorado had all sorts of Fall goodness to offer you two!