Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sugar Cookies

Here is the best sugar cookie recipe!  I got it from a dear friend many years ago and I have used it for every holiday since.  It makes soft and light cookies similar to Granny B's.  Top it with cream cheese frosting and I dare say, it can't be beat!






















Sugar Cookie
sift together and set aside:
6 c. flour
1 T. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
* cream together scraping down sides:
1 c. real margarine
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 c. sour cream
then add:
1 tsp. real vanilla
2 T. lemon juice
then add flour mixture a little at a time. Dough will be slightly sticky. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  Roll onto lightly floured surface and cut into desired shapes. Bake @ 350* for 8-10 min. until edges are turning gold. DO NOT over bake.  Cool on wire racks and frost.

Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. brick cream cheese
1 stick real butter (1/2 c.)
1 t. real vanilla
1 t. rum flavoring
1/4 tsp. salt
cream together until fluffy and add 6 cups powdered sugar a cup at a time.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh My Gosh, I have been craving these fantastic cookies!! :) I may have to make these today now, LOL! :) Thanks so much for sharing

ThE McNEiLs said...

Delicious! I love the cream cheese frosting. Thanks for the recipe!