Saturday, March 6, 2010

Quilt Done: check that off the list


I finally finished a quilt I've been working on for a while. I bought this kit about a year ago, started it, got frustrated, put it away and forgot about it. When I went through my fabrics a few weeks ago I relocated her and decided to start anew. It isn't a difficult pattern so I finished it off in a few days. Then I had it stippled (machine quilted) by a quilt shop and braved a biased border. She turned out quite nice. I really want to learn to stipple so it doesn't slow down the process (and add so much to the cost). This quilting thing is so addicting!

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Simply beautiful she is!

northslopegang said...

Wow that is just beautiful. You have so much talent. My talents are hibernating or lost in the basement somewhere.

Stephanie said...

oh wow that is gorgeous!! Maybe you can teach me one day. :)

Tyler and Shannel Tingey said...

ok that is a killer quilt! really it's beautiful! good work

ThE McNEiLs said...

That is gorgeous! I have quite a few of those hidden away projects...they just aren't getting done.

Andee said...

so talented! really love the colors and it turned out beautiful!