I spent most of the day digging out dreaded crabgrass from my flower beds and getting things ready to plant pansies in with the daffodils and tulips. I went to the nursery and got 6 flats of pansies in a variety of colors. Came home and planted my urns on the front porch and put all the rest in my front bed and corner burm. So far so good. I'm feeling pretty productive and enjoying the sunshine and fresh air. Then I come in and step in a puddle of water by my front door. Well my first thought is..."I'm going to kill that dog". Then I realize she's been outside all day with me. I investigate only to find out that my rug, tile, and carpet are soaking wet. The whole time I'm out watering the flowers I am watering my livingroom as well. Nice! Apparently the water line had frozen over the winter and when I turned on the faucet for the first time this season.....you get the picture. So Dave cut a whole in my wall, replaced the water line, and is now drying the carpet. Thank Heaven's I have a contractor for a husband. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be dry and we can replace the pad and get back to normal. Ugh!

6 comments:
I'm glad we aren't the only ones these type of things happen to. We had that in our first house, except it sprayed all over in the basement.
Ahhhhh!! That's horrible!! So glad nothing ever freezes here, I'd be a mess if that ever happened!
Can't wait to see some pics of the flowers :) You are so amazingly talented at EVERYTHING you do!
Bloody Nora! Bless your gardening heart. I think this calls for new carpet!
Yikes, that sucks!! Thank goodness you have a handy man in the house :) he he
Noooooo! That is no fun at all. Good thing for Dave.
I bet your garden is absolutley beautiful!
Where do you get all of your energy? I'm worn out just reading all that you do. JK Sounds amazing and wonderful to do what you do.
Post a Comment