What is a Tabata. Well I'll tell you, but it ain't pretty. It's not some delightful bread or Mexican food. The Tabata protocol is to work out as hard as you can for 20 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds. Do that for 8 sets, adding up to 4 minutes per Tabata. As part of Boot Camp we do 4 Tabatas (32 sets) per work out or 20 min. of @$$ kicking as I like to refer to it. Tabata Intervals originated from a study by Dr Izumi Tabata in Japan with athletes and the effects of moderate-intensity endurance and high-intensity intermittent training on anaerobic capacity and VO2max (70% if max). It is by far the hardest thing I have ever done. If I didn't have a drill Sargent pushing me I know I would stop at the first sign of sweat. This video ( I don't know who this is - this is not my trainer) shows a few of the things you can do as sets. One week down, 6 to go. Shoot me now!
No comments:
Post a Comment