Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BOOT CAMP

Today is my one year anniversary in my weight loss quest. I decided (while celebrating my 40th birthday @ Disneyland) that I had really, and I mean really let things get out of hand. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well the pictures of me I was seeing was worth only one word, LARGE! Depressed and defeated, I sucked it up and joined Weight Watchers (never say never). I kept going for several months and had earned my 25lb. key chain:) Then I took a break and started on to something new ( I'm always looking for new ways to beat the system). The good news is, over the course of a year I have lost over 50lbs! The bad news is, I still have more to go....hence the BOOT CAMP. It's a 7 week program of 5:30 a.m. circuit/resistance butt kicking every Mon/Wed/Fri. So far I've accomplished 1 day. I'm not going to lie, I never want to go back. I can barely squat to use the toilet, I'm so sore. I will, however, stick it through and I hope to come out on the other end of this 20lbs. lighter and more toned and healthy. What doesn't kill you makes your stronger, right?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet. Way to go Carolee. You are looking fabulous (in your designer jeans). Can't wait to see you after the next 7 weeks. I'm a bit jealous, I want to come too.

Erin. said...

Totally jealous, although not jealous enough to put myself through such torture. Keep squattin' away, sister friend....

Andee said...

Keep up the good work! Aaron just ordered the P90X program so we are going to start doing that at home. I hear it's a killer!

Park Family said...

That's Awesome Carolee, way to stick with your goals!