
I love to read. And during my busiest times at work I avoid it because when I read I get sucked in and thats all I do. Just yesterday I was late for work because I was reading in the tub (I had a few extra minutes and was ahead of schedule) next thing you know I'm running late. What was so captivating you ask? Well, I just finished The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini and, "Wow". It is a great read. It ranks right up there with To Kill a Mockingbird and Grapes of Wrath. Very moving. I highly recommend it. For you non readers it has been made into a movie (2007). I have not seen it and guarantee it's not as good as the book. Happy reading:)
5 comments:
well carolee if you liked that then you have to read A Thousand Spledid Suns. Even better. Wally Lamb came out with a new one and it was really good.
The movie was great! Have you seen it yet?
Read the book, absolutely loved it. Saw the movie, it was good. Today I just purchased A Thousand Splendid Suns to read on the cruise after I finish The Hour I First believed by Wally Lamb. Have a great week.
Vickie
Read it, loved it. The movie was good, but not as good as the book. I also read A Thousand Splendid Suns. Also very good. Keep posting reviews on your books...I always need ideas for a good read. Have a good week, and take a long, soaking bath for me!
Sweet, I just added it to my "To Read" list. I've been trying to read the classics I've never gotten around to reading. Some are a bit dull and I wonder why they are classics...so this will be a nice break.
Post a Comment