February has been, well, blah! I've kept myself busy at the gym and with Church callings and Kenadee's High School activities. A smart girl would take advantage of this time to clean and organize her cupboards and closets. I've never been a smart girl. I will be cursing myself when the weather turns wonderful and beckons me outside to work in the yard only to have my conscious pull at me to get the cupboards and closets done. I cant win with myself!
In my daydreaming of Spring I have started to think of the garden and what lovely veggies we will plant this year. And each Spring I try to talk Dave into keeping chickens. He always says NO. He says I'm just in love with the "idea" of keeping chickens and that when the real work comes he will be the one stuck with it. I know he is right, but I will never admit it. Still, how cute would a little coop be next to the garden?
I'm only asking for a small addition to the back of the house. What's the big deal?
OK. It does look a little overwhelming......and messy. Lucky for me I have a friend who already raises chickens so I can get all the farm fresh hormone free eggs I want. Maybe that is best.
They sure are yummy.



2 comments:
Chickens...yes I'm in love with the idea of raising them too. But what happens when you go out of town for the weekend or longer? I know I sound like Gary...but I'm trying to be rational...and how loud are they? And will my neighbors kill me? All these reasons keep my chicken obsession from becoming a reality. But a girl can dream!
I miss hearing the chickens every morning. I miss eating the fresh eggs. I love the coop!
Post a Comment