Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I have been in the middle of a "food storage" project (more later) and so I finally finished shifting storage areas and restocking my pantry which has taken me the better part of yesterday and today.  Whew!

Now I've got the turkey brining in the fridge and have made my stuffing and artichoke dip assignments.  I can't wait for the wonderful spread of delicious food.  And the pies:-)  My sister Gabby will be making her famous pies.  So glad she is in Utah this year.  It will be a real treat.  I will be taking my stretchy pants to change into right around time to eat pie.

 We are going to my brother Bryan's house (where Marie will have done all the work) to get together with my siblings and their families.  We are quite a large brood anymore.  We will have 14 adults and 16 children.  That's a lot of food, noise, and dishes.  It is, however, a huge blessing to have so many loved ones around you.  We will be missing my parents and sister Jennifer and her family in Florida.  I wish they could be with us.....better yet, I wish we could ALL be there.  We're freezing here, literally!  I think the high tomorrow is 19*.  Seriously? 19?

When we get back home we will be breaking out the traditional Thanksgiving evening "I can't get off the couch, I've eaten too much food" movie: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.  It's always a good laugh.

Happy Thanksgiving:-)  gobble, gobble.

No comments: