
Mmmm. It's turkey time, and pumpkin pie. I've had requests for the yummy whipped cream recipe to top off that pumpkin pie. My friend Lee gave it to me a couple of years ago and once you try it, you'll not be able to have plain and certainly not that canned crap. Here you go...
I always double the recipe. But then again, I could eat a bowl of it by itself.
single recipe makes approx. 3 cups
1 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pure vanilla
In mixing bowl whisk heavy cream, sour cream, brown sugar and salt until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 6 hours (up to 24), stirring once or twice during chilling to make sure sugar dissolves.
When ready to serve, add vanilla and beat mixture at medium speed until small bubbles form around edges, about 45 seconds; increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and doubled in volume, one to two min. longer.
Lick beaters and spatula clean;)
No comments:
Post a Comment