Wednesday, June 1, 2011

In the leafy tree tops...

I think there was a yellow finch convention in the leafy tree tops of my flowering plum tree this morning.  Or at least a aphid smorgasbord neighborhood get-together.  There were so many singing and eating and carrying on like it was unusual to have several beautiful sunny days in a row (ok, this Spring has sucked! They were excited)

I watched for a while unnoticed out my second story bedroom window as they ate and chirped and hopped branch to branch nibbling on their breakfast.  It was picture perfect...so I grabbed the camera.  I shot these through the window so they aren't as clear as they could be.  But I did have a great angle and perspective (and I have my sister's zoom lens).  They had no idea I was there. Snap. Snap. Snap.

What interesting little creatures.  Thank you little finches for making my day!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I can imagine you and the birds are happy to enjoy the sunshine. Spring...when everything feels so new...I love this time of year.