Sunday, May 22, 2011

Talking, Eating, Shopping, Talking...

Oh what a glorious 10 day stint I've had with my sisters {the Hennie Pennies}...we do know how to have fun!  It always goes by so fast that we can't believe we couldn't fit in all the things we wanted to do or all the people we wanted to see.

We don't get together very often.  In fact, sometimes it's years in between the times all four of us are in one spot, so we take full advantage when the opportunity arises.

We spend a quick weekend in Ogden where we went to see Gabby in her NGA figure body building competition {my aunt and cousin came too...from Oregon and Washington...what sweeties}.  I don't know how she did it!  We are a horrible influence with our food benders and late nights.  It's like a sleepover with NO sleep!  I don't know why we even paid for a hotel :-) Well, OK, the shower was a good idea and reason enough.

Historic 25th street in Ogden is so quaint.  There are tons of little shops and great restaurants.  Amongst the favorites: Roosters Brewing Co. & Eatery and Sonora Grill with their fresh guacamole!  I'd drive the two hours again just for that....and I'm not kidding.

Then there were the trips to Salt Lake City.  Something you have to do more than once to fit it all in.  We hit some fun little shops, ate at some great restaurants, and of course frequented our favorite bakeries:
Caffe Molise, Chipotle, Whole Foods, Gourmandise, Ruby Snap....
Emilie & Jayne, Now & Again, Details, HomeGoods, Nordstrom Rack, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Tracys....the list is too long!


We also did plenty of damage close to home in Utah County {as opposed to Weber Co., Davis Co., Salt Lake Co., oh my}:
We did a session at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple and then had lunch at the Blue Lemon with a side order of our favorite little shop in Alpine...Dear Lizzie.


And the next day we visited Thanksgiving Point, did some shopping, ate at the Harvest Restaurant, and saw the new Pirates movie {oh Johnny, or should I say Jack?, you are divine}

And for the grand finale we got together with the whole great big extended family and all the kids for a BBQ and to visit and relax.

Phew!!  10 lbs. later  {I mean, what do you expect with that much eating going on?} it has come to an end.  Back to reality.  And a strict diet.  But worth every minute of it.  I'm lucky to have three wonderful, loving, talented, amazing sisters! *sniff. sniff*
Love you Hennies!  Let's do that again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds super fun. Maybe one day when I don't have so many little ones running under my feet I can come along for just one lunch date. :)

Jennifer said...

I miss you already. The family...the food...the shopping...and the beautiful mountains. What's not to LOVE about Utah, it really is a great place to call home. For family night we went to the beach to swim and play, I think Mike was trying to remind me why Florida is also a great place. But truthfully Utah will always be my favorite! Sister time was awesome, I feel so blessed to have such wonderful sisters that I can also call my friends!