Monday, May 9, 2011

Dream Machine

I finally got my "dream machine" sewing machine (Thanks, Dave, for the wonderful Mother's Day present....You know how I feel about those gifts that keep on givin').
I have been wanting and wishing for a long time for this.  So when the new model came out last November I decided that it was time to get it.  However, she is a pricey little device so we had to put her on a layaway plan with no interest (kind of a forces sewing machine savings plan)  I knew it was the only way to get it for 0% interest and keep myself committed to the goal:)  Six months later, and just in time for Mother's Day, we brought her home.

I could go on and on about her or at least what I think about her because she is far more complicated than my last Baby Lock.  This one comes with a binder and 3 manuals.....ahhhhh!  It really is a far more capable machine than I am a seamstress, but I hope to learn it all.

Here is why I fell in love...
































There isn't much of anything she can't do.  She can even sew in complete circles all by herself.


I can't wait to whip out projects on this....pillows, slipcovers, curtains, clothes, quilts (after all, it is a quilting machine) but first I have to read the novel of an instruction manual to get started. I think I'll start with threading the machine and loading the bobbin.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, she's a beauty. We'll be expecting great things out of you now! Not that everything you make isn't already fabulous...

Jennifer said...

Wow that seems intimidating...but exciting all at the same time. I'm already starting to daydream about drapes and slipcovers...oh wait it's not mine and I don't know how to sow...dammit!

Erin. said...

I am beyond jealous....can't wait to meet her!