Wednesday, May 4, 2011

First Date / PROM

I finally found the camera cord so I could download the files to my computer.  Most of the pictures have been random and so I was in no big hurry, but these are blog worthy.

Kenadee went on her first date this past weekend and it just so happened to be to PROM.  She was asked by a super nice guy (Gregg) and went with a big group of kids.  They had tons of fun.

Dances these days?  I don't know how it is everywhere else, but here in Utah there is a trend.....
- You have to ask in a creative way.
- You have to answer in a creative way.
- You go on a "day" date before the dance.

- Then all the normal stuff:
                  flowers, dinner, pictures, dance
It can get stressful (maybe it's just me that stresses) and can really add up $$$ for both parties.

We had fun though getting her prepared.  A few weeks ago we went dress shopping.  Kenadee is short (Shetland Pony genes) so most dresses are too long.  Luckily short dresses are so trendy right now.  We found one that was modest (that is a trick in and of itself) and flattered her figure. Next was shoes and jewelry.  On Friday we got the works at Supreme Nails with a mani/pedi session (hey, Mom needs some pampering too).  Saturday I finished up her mask for the "Masquerade" theme at Prom and Candace came and did her hair and makeup.  She was thrilled and looked beautiful.

She gave us a pre-dance show with her goofy moves but once Gregg showed up it was all business.  She's a silly one, that little girl of mine.  I'm glad she could relax and have fun.



Now the giggling has to stop because the date has shown up.  Must act mature....accept for the fact that Brynlee was there saying, "Kenadee, you look pretty.  You look like a princess" and "Is that your boyfriend?".  Awkward..... They both took it in stride and ignoring the 4 year olds bantering.

                             
                                                         *Aren't they just ADORABLE?*
                                     ** insert theme song from Phantom of the Opera here**
     **Masquerade! /Paper faces on parade/Masquerade! /Hide your face so the world will never find you/Masquerade! /Every face a different shade/Masquerade! /Look around, there's another mask behind you**

5 comments:

Candace said...

Yay! I'm glad she had fun! She really did look like a princess! :) The dress was perfect. And the mask was awesome! And, if I might say so myself, her hair and make-up was pretty awesome too! Ha ha!

chris m. said...

Love the dress! Also... look at you using your photoshop skills to dress up those pics. :) Keep up the practice. The BLOG is a good place to play around and try new things. Try creating your own stuff now!

Jennifer said...

Out here in Florida the prom ritual starts of with dinner, than Prom, then a hotel room;( I like Utah's rituals better. I love her dress, jewelry, mask, and Candace's handy work! Oh yes and the boy ain't so bad either. Looks like she had a great time...what an awesome memory for her.

northslopegang said...

How fun! My girls all enjoyed their dances too!! She looked beautiful, just like her mom :)

Unknown said...

I feel jipped. I never did any of that cool date stuff growing up. Mine were like the florida routine but mix in excessive drinking. Lame. But, Kenadee looks gorgeous. What a great first date.