Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011

What a wonderful time of year to spend with family (and friends) and reflect upon all the blessing throughout the year.

This year has truly been amazing.  It has been busy filled with lots of family events including the birth of two more grandchildren, Evelyn (Candace and Ethan) and Charlee (Cameron and Chelsea).  Life goes by fast and we have to catch our breath and count our blessings.

Kenadee turned 17 and is a junior which  has brought a year of teenage "rights of passage" with the addition of her official drivers license to dating and dances to choir topping the lists of high school activities.  She is a very disciplined student and is currently doing several college courses along with high school curriculum.  She loves her friends and especially spending time with her sister. She is a delight in our home and we are blessed to have a sidekick still at home with us.

Dave has (knock on wood) been extremely busy this year, which in construction and this economy, is a huge blessing in and of itself.  He has either had a government contract or a church (commercial) contract.  Right now he is in the middle of wrapping up contacts with both as the year ends.  He is a hard workin' man, to say the least.  He has become a great gardening partner for me, has learned his way around the kitchen, and always keeps a beautiful yard.
He gets in a few hunts as time permits and recently has been "collecting" guns, which has been a fun "hobby" for him........the collecting is spreading.  Imagine the discussions going on at family get-togethers.  Men and their gun stories are like women and their birth stories.

For me, between home, family, grandkids, design, and church callings, I am full. I have had an interesting year with a new business venture which has been very challenging, creative, and rewarding.  I have taken on Photoshop (well, a small portion of it).  I mainly do the graphic design end of it, not photo editing.  I create templates for albums, cards, marketing/branding sets, logo, etc., for photographers as professional additions to their work.  It's up and running and is going well.  The best part is that I can do it from home, make a little money, and create.  I look forward to learning more this coming year and expanding on what I'm already doing.

I give thanks to my Lord and Savior for all my many blessings and hope you and your families are fine and well now, and through out the new year.


No comments: