Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Florida Trip - take one























When we first decided to go to Florida for Spring break it was to visit and relax.  My parents live in Naples which is nearly as far South as you can be on the west side of the Gulf before you hit the Everglades and/or the Keys. We had no intentions of going to Disney World (which is nearly 4 hours away from my parents) But who am I kidding?  Disney?  Within a few hours drive?  Like Dave was going to get out of that one!

Last minute I got the idea that the world may be coming to an end and I may never be able to go to DW again, at least not with both Dave and Kenadee.  So I called my sister and made arrangements to grab her daughter Amanda (that way Kenee had a constant companion) and we headed for Orlando. We only went to two of the parks; the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios (MGM).  Magic Kingdom is like Disneyland so we hit all out favorites: Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan's Flight (which was better than the DL version) however, the big down fall was NO Indiana Jones ride:-(   And at Hollywood Studios, which is like California Adventure, we hit our favorites there too - Tower of Terror topping the list!!

It was a quick 4 day trip - but we had a total blast - and it was well worth the extra time and money.
 I will however, without disparaging Disney World, say that Disneyland is the BEST and will always be my favorite!

No comments: