Friday, January 8, 2010

Farewell



After 14 years of retail stress, I say "Good-Bye" to my job. Don't get me wrong.... I love - and will greatly miss - the daily friendships w/ my fabulous co-workers. But I am looking forward to getting my life back and spending more time with my family. I can't wait to tackle closets, read books, quilt, clean, cook and bake, sleep in, and most of all not answer "to the man". I'm grateful for a supportive husband (thanks, Dave) who loves me and wants me to be happy. It's just time to do something else, anything else. And that something right now is being a wife and mother (and Marmee too). Lunch anyone?

9 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodness ! How AWESOME for you! So happy for you ! Enjoy being a Wife, Mom & Marmee :D

Vickie said...

So proud of you my friend. A door closes, a better one opens. You deserve the best and your family is just that. I am so wanting to make some cards. I will be back from Mexico Friday and will talk with you then. Perhaps you and Erin can check your schedules and see when will be a good time for a bee. Love you and seriously, so proud of my friend.

northslopegang said...

Life changes...I've had many of those. All I want to do is stay home clean, knit, scrapbook and watch movies. But my paycheck is paying for the missionary. Would love to get together and get "caught up"

Ivy Alleman said...

i wanna do lunch!!!

ThE McNEiLs said...

What in the world! Are you getting your gold watch :) You should after all those dedicated years! I can't believe you were there that long...they are going to miss you. Good for you though...have a little "me time" and of course be Marmee! I wish I was closer because I would do lunch! Congrats!

Erin. said...

I think a congratulations are in order. It was a big and brave step....I'm sure that something better for you and your family will come along. Now that your on the unemployment list, wanna have a daytime bee?? My house??

Tyler and Shannel Tingey said...

Carolee I am so proud of us, thank you for everything you've done for me over the years! I will miss our fun times at Gatehouse but I know we will be alot happier!

Andee said...

Yep, you have put in a lot of years. It's time to enjoy life with your family and just be.....

Nannette York said...

Smart woman!!! I have been thinking about you a lot lately. You are so talented and creative I have no doubt you will be very busy with many projects. You also have the most adorable grand babies to play with. You are truly blessed!

Love, Nan