Wednesday, December 24, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

Christmas. Retail has nearly ruined it for me. I go to market to buy it in January. It starts arriving in June. I plan the floor and themes in September. I design and decorate the trees for most of October. Set the store and prepare for the Christmas Open House...and it's not even Halloween yet. Yes, retail takes it's toll. But when it comes to doing it for myself and my family, I love it. Usually, I do at least two trees. This year I only had it in me to do one. So Kenadee and I did the fun tree. It has so many ornaments on it that mean so much. Little handmade items, pictures of the kids, and funky whimsical treasures. My Santa collection is another of my favorites. Each year I collect a new one. It spreads throughout the whole living room and then some. Add a little Christmas music, some fresh potpourri and twinkling lights, my "must watch" Christmas movies, and baking, baking, baking, and you have the magic of the Holiday. I truly love this time of year. Even if retail tries to get the best of me, HOME is where Christmas is for me.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Beautiful home, beautiful gal.
Merry Christmas Mary Carole.
Vickie

Andee said...

I love all of your decor (for any holiday). But your Christmas is really grand!!!

Park Family said...

Carolee you are an artist!!! That was an awesome slide show. It's good to know that Christmas obsessing is genetic!

--Jen